Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Head Scratching

These darn cover boards look so simple but have me scratching my head. I have marked the inside curve 3 times and finally have a fair curve but I dont like how the curve interacts with the front cockpit sides. The first two attempts werent even a fair curve, more snake like.

Im going to try a different approach in the morning by clamping the 10' batten I am using to mark the curve at the cockpit side first and then forward and aft from there. Up until this point I have been starting at the bow or transom and working from end to end. I'll try starting in the middle and see what happens. If that doesnt work I'll go back to my templates and experiment. Its quite annoying that this has been hanging me up for several days now.
Hit Counters
online coupons