Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sanding, Sanding, Sanding

All the deck is installed and the sanding has begun. I've made one pass over the deck with 80 grit on the belt sander. Lightweight belt sanders with a dust collection bag are great for this. Im using a cheapo from Harbor Freight and its fantastic.
Next I need to sand around the inside cockpit edges to bring the plank ends flush with the sub-deck edge underneath. Then I will fill the few epoxy voids between some of the planks and then sand, sand, sand. I figure I have about 2 weeks worth of sanding to do.

If thats the case I can sand the next two weeks then apply clear for 2 weeks after that then all of August can be spent at the upholstery and stainless steel trim shops and the first week or two of September will be final details and test runs. Okay so theres the plan in a nutshell.

Hit Counters
online coupons