Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Floor grain and color.

Tonight after work I started encapsulating the Sole boards in epoxy. You can now see the color they will be when varnished clear and the grain patterns really look nice to me. I think this will look great with the mahogany surrounding it. I only have enough room to do a handful of boards at a time and the wife still get her car in the garage and still be able to get into her car. I think this process will take a bit of time because it will take two coats to get even coverage. I could start on the side kick panels or seats in the interior but I am afraid of making dust that will stick on the wet epoxy of the boards. Plus the boards kinda need to be in the boat for accurate measurements for those next parts. So I'll most likely goof off with some other hobby while waiting for coats to dry.
Hit Counters
online coupons