Saturday, January 09, 2010

Finished with Fiberglass Cloth!

Today my wife and I applied the last of the fiberglass cloth to the boat. The entire hull is now fiberglassed! Whew, I was nervous about this stuff but it turned out great so far. Its hard to tell in the light in the shop but hopefully this spring when I take it out in the sunlight it will look just as good.
I used 1.5 gallons of resin in the Zip fiberglass kit for encapsulating the exterior of the hull and fiberglassing the hull.
I'm excited that this step is over, I can do several things at a time again now. I need to apply a couple fill coats of resin and some more sanding. While that is drying I can cut out and shape the skeg and attach it. In a couple weeks I should be ready to prime for bottom paint.
Hit Counters
online coupons